The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Just Hand Over the Cookies and Rolls...

And, no one gets hurt.

On the way back home from Springfield, Illinois, today, we stopped at a favorite place to eat in Lincoln, Illinois.  It is the Bonanza restaurant, located on the old Route 66 bypass around town, right by the old Tropics restaurant.  You can't miss it with the big old cow statue standing out by the road.

This place is no longer a part of the Bonanza Sirloin Pit company, but started out as one.  It is now privately owned. 

For around $10 to $13 you can get an entree with choice of potato and the buffet, which gets better everytime we go.  Fantastic salad bar and main food items to eat like chicken, meatloaf, pulled pork and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Bonanzas mean a lot to me because I had my first real job out of college working at one as an assistant manager at one in Buffalo Grove.  I worked all the time and was getting so good, they were considering me a manager of my own store.  That's when the offer to teach in Round Lake came through and I accepted that.  I'd always wanted to be a teacher.

To Teach or Grill, That Is the Question.  --RoadDog

No comments: