The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's National Record Store Day Today

A special day for me as these are my favorite places to buy my music anymore.  They are throw-backs to the old days, and you know how I feel about old stuff.

I sure miss three of my favorite places which have closed in the last five years:  Record Revolution in Dekalb, Illinois; The Record Rack in Goldsboro, NC; and Full Cyrkle in Crystal Lake, Illinois.  I used to spend plenty of dough at these places, especially the Record Rack which was my source for Beach Music which you just can't get up here in the North.  I used to say it cost me a hundred bucks just to walk into that place.  Plus, I had long talks with Mean Gene Reich and owner Stan Hartley.  I sure miss the place.

These places all featured staff who really knew their music and there would always be other music nuts in the store so there would be plenty of record talk and recommendations.  I tell you, music nerd nirvana.

If we don't drive out to Dekalb today, I'll go over to McHenry, Illinois, and spend some time and money at The Vinyl Frontier. 

At Least I Still Have One Place Left in the Area.  --RoadDog

No comments: