The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Royal Victorian Manor B&B in Woodstock, Illinois: Bill Murray Stayed Here

I found their website at http://royalvictorianmanor.com. (815-308-5432)

They offer five rooms from $125 to $175 a night on a hill above Franklin Street, the one Bill Murray kept looking down. It is a couple blocks from the town square.

The house was built in 1894 and has Victorian architecture with Queen Anne rococo decor.

Owners Karla Stewart-Martin and Everton Martin spent a lot of time and money turning the place into a Bed & Breakfast.

I saw no mention of "The Room with the Window" that would be my choice of rooms in which to stay. Of course, I would have to bring along my cassette boom box and play "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher.

I imagine they are booked for Woodstock's annual "Groundhog Day" Celebration.

I See a Rocker on the Porch Calling My Name. --RoadDog

No comments: