The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, February 11, 2011

T-Giving NC--2010-- Marietta, Ohio

Decided to take some time and look at Marietta, Ohio. I've gotten off I-77 before and driven east as there were a couple NTN sites that way, but obviously, this newer construction could not be the old town part.

So, this time I headed west along the what forever seems to be under construction road a couple miles and then found myself in the old part. It wasn't very big and was anchored by the historic Lafayette Hotel.

I stopped at a riverside park with a nice view of the Ohio and the hotel.


WEST VIRGINIA

There is a nice welcome center once you get into West Virginia.

I was really amazed at how many dead deer were along the interstate. It must be really high rutting season, because they were all over. I wonder if W.Va. allows hunters to collect the carcasses?

Of course, I always enjoy driving through West Virginia's beautiful capital, Charleston and past that striking gold dome on the capitol building.

Shortly past Charleston, I-77 becomes the West Virginia Turnpike. I sure wasn't happy when they raise tolls (three of them) from $1.25 to $2. I'm not sure if that is what folks not having those transponder units pay.

Anyway, this stretch of interstate is a really pretty one as they really had to do some real big-time digging through those mountains.

Still On the Road. --RoadDog

No comments: