The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Now That's Trop-Rock for You

Finally got the old radio headset going out here on the deck by the Gulf of Mexico. For some reason, it was tuned over to the AM side (which I usually don't listen to except for games, too much yap otherwise and when I listen to the radio, I WANT music).

After a Mexican station, I ran into WPCF 1290 AM which plays nothing but Trop-Rock, Jimmy Buffett-style music. Every so often, they have members of Trop-Rock bands say something, and so far I've heard Howard Livingston of the Mile Marker band and Johnny Russell of the Beach Bums. We've seen both at Captain's Quarters up on the Chain of Lakes back home.

They also play soca, reggae and zydeco music.

Digging on WPCF, 1290 AM and hoping they stream over the internet, as I'll definitely listen to it at home.

So, I Have Found My Station While We're Here. --RoadDog

No comments: