The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Got My Loveless Yesterday

One of the main things I wanted to do this trip was to go to the Loveless Cafe outside of Nashville, Tennessee. I've heard a lot about the place from Denny Gibson and other friends and have read a lot about it. Liz, however, had never heard of it before.

We left I-24 and took some absolutely gorgeous roads, Tn-49 to Ashland City and then Tn-249 to US-70. Talk about your twisting, winding and stone walls. It has to be really something during the summer.

We got there about 9 am, and it wasn't crowded and got a table by the window. Man, those biscuits and jam selection are something else. I wouldn't have minded making a meal just out of that.

Liz ordered the ham and eggs. I considered the Southern omelet, but when I saw the barbecue and eggs plate, I knew what I had to order. I've never had bbq for breakfast.

All great food. This was the most I've ever spent spent for breakfast (about $32 with tax), but I will be back, as Arnold said. And, we had enough left over for dinner last night.

It's Loveless for Me. --RoadDog

3 comments:

troutbirder said...

Can't be a good breakfast. We just got back from Florida too. I was glad the Cheeseheads won as well. No hat here though. :)

RoadDog said...

Next time, ya gotta go Loveless!!

Getting lots of Cheesehead love down here.

DennyG said...

Ain't that place somethin'? Glad you found the Loveless Cafe and glad you enjoyed it. It seems you got there on some roads I'm not familiar with. I'll have to give TN-49 & TN-249 a look someday. The north end of the Natchez Trace Parkway is just about a mile from the Loveless and I like to sneak in a couple miles of great scenery with those great biscuits. Did you hit the Parkway at all?