The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Did Woodstock Willie See His Shadow?

Our resident groundhog prognosticator, Woodstock Willie, probably did not. Probably buried under two feet or more of snow, depending upon whether or not it drifted over his burrow.

At 7 am, when he was supposed to be pulled out, he wouldn't have seen his shadow as the Bliz' of '11 was still on. That, of course, means an early spring.

I doubt it. These Global Warming winters keep getting worse.

Tomorrow this time, I may or may not be in Ft. Myers, depending upon O'Hare tomorrow morning. I could sure use a break from the accursed snowmobile weather.

My poor little snowblower was completely overwhelmed with the snow. There was not a bit of snow at the garage doors for about eight feet, then, like a mountain range, there appeared a four foot high snow drift. Once I had a path to the street cleared, I measured. The four foot drift was ten feet wide. Then the snow dropped until I had several feet of 20 inches. Then, it rose to three feet by the street.

And, I have a real BIG driveway.

Hoping for F-L-A. --RoadDoh

1 comment:

DennyG said...

I was offered a chance to fly through O'Hare today after yesterday's flight to Indianapolis was canceled. I passed. Good luck.