The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Arrived Here in White House, Tennessee

Yesterday made the long drive from Goldsboro, NC, to this place, arriving about 7:30 PM, CDST.  I was told that it is about 620 miles of mostly interstate driving on I-40.

Gas prices were as low as $3.20 in Goldsboro and got to as high as $3.36 until Asheville, which is generally the highest along I-40.  It was $3.60 at one station there and $3.30 at another.

I got gas near Burlington, NC,  for $3.36 and Dandridge, Tn, usually a low price on my travels through the area.  And, it was $3.20 at the Pilot station.  In White House it was $3.13 in town and $3.28 closer to I-65.

Stopped at Mebane, NC, at the Smithfield's Chicken and BBQ place for my last taste of that good Carolina 'cue, large plate with double slaw, 'cue and hushpuppies for $8.15.  And, they have good stuff.

Not much traffic, thankfully, around Raleigh and out to the airport.  Hit Knoxville at the after work rush hour.  The city can fool you as I made it past the downtown with not slow-down until I got well to the west of it and then, it was time to stop.

I had dinner at Krystal's west of Knoxville.  I like their burgers which are very similar to my beloved White Castles.  Enjoyed their $2.99 snack pack which was a great deal: 3 Krystals, fries and drink.

Lost an hour due to CSDT and hit Nashville at rush hour so got off at Tn-109 to Gallatin, then Tn-25 to Tn-76 to White House to avoid that really bad Nashville rush hour.  Really pretty driving on the winding last two roads.  Went over to the BP west of I-65 and stocked up on my Chocolate Uglys before driving to Andy and Andrea's place.

Now, for the Toys.  --RoadDog