And, the last one. These are from the July Our State Magazine.
91. VIRGINIA DARE-- First English child born in what is today the United States. And, we still don't know for sure what happened to her.
92. WHITE SQUIRRELS-- The legend has it that sometime around 1949, a carnival truck carrying white squirrels turned over and they escaped. Since then, the stork has brought many white squirrel babies.
93. DUKE CHAPEL-- Gothic-style outside. Three organs with 12,000 pipes inside. Do they play basketball inside?
94. LONGLEAF PINE-- Grows naturally in all 100 counties. Pretty and makes great mulch.
95. SWEET POTATOES-- The sweet state veggie. becoming a real big crop. I personally love those sweet potato fries.
96. RJR-- One of the largest players in what was once the state's major industry. Currently transforming self. Cough-Cough.
97. CAROLINA PANTHERS-- The state finally gets a pro team. Now, three pro teams, well, maybe not the Bobcats.
98. HARDEE'S-- Started in Greenville in 1960. Nearly 2000 stores worldwide now. And Dad had a chance to get in on the ground floor.
99. OUR SOUTHERN ACCENT-- Manny, many different versions all through the state. One of the most interesting ones once was what you heard on the Outer Banks before it became connected.
100. OUR STATE MAGAZINE-- One of the best magazines out there in my opinion. I look forward to reading it whenever I return home to the Old North State.
Well, I Sure Learned Some Stuff. Every State Should Have a List Like This. --RoadDog