Today, I played a little Name That Icon game with my cousin, her husband, my sister, aunt and mother. All but my cousin's husband are Tarheels, but even though he is a Virginian, he held his own. In case my aunt reads this, I need to relate that she is really a Blue Devil, not a Tarheel.
21. Pepsi-- founded in New Bern. Wins the taste test in my book, but I'm a bit biased.
22. Blackbeard-- hung out all over the coast and they're recovering items from what they belive to be his ship, the Queen Anne's Revenge.
23. Seagrove Pottery-- Over 100 potters spinning and spinning and spinning.
24. Mount Olive Pickles-- The pickle plant is actually at the corner of Cucumber and Vine streets. How pickled is that? Dad was born in Mount Olive so I am also biased about it. I love that I can now buy it in Illinois.
25. Uwharries--something about a very old mountain range. Never heard of it.
26. Tobacco barns-- Once all over the place and the backbone of the NC economy. Fewer and fewer every year.
27. Shagging-- The official dance of us Beach Music folks.
28. Muscadine Wine-- might even help you shag better.
29. Carolina Style Hamburger-- with mustard, slaw, chili and onions. What! No slaw dogs? Waiting for a national chain to get it.
30. Battleship USS North Carolina-- one mighty impressive warship docked in Wilmington since the early 1960s.
Seventy More to Go. --RoadDog