The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Oh, Give Me a Britt's Where the Donuts Do Roam

And big thanks to microwaves.

Around the Wilmington area, just say Britt's and people know exactly what you are talking about.

Located  on the Carolina Beach, NC, right by the boardwalk, in a small, cooled by fans building, are some of the best doughtnuts you're ever going to have, Britt's Donuts, which has been selling those tasty morsels ever since the 1930s.

Just a long counter, seats, and your choice  of only glazed doughnuts.  That's it.  Only, now they cost 90 cents.  I can remember  25 cents and I think 75 cents the last time I had them.  I ordered a half dozen for Mom, my sister an myself for $5. An even better deal is a dozen for $7.  Mom asked if we could have the other six for $2 more and they were nice enough to say yes.

Happy to find out they are now open seven days a week from 8 AM to 10 PM until Labor Day.

Way back in the 70s, I had the brilliant idea to order a dozen to eat the next morning.  Big mistake.  They were terrible.   A Britt's donut is best eaten immediately.  However, we had extras left over and popped them into the microwave and they weren't bad.

Now You Can Eat Them Later!!  --BrittDog

Britt's

No comments: