Some of these I knew, some I didn't.
51. DOC WATSON-- Sad to lose this great musician.
52. WATERFALLS-- Some of them are Linville, Elk, Bridal Veil. But, they all follow the same basic principle, gravity.
53. JOCKEY'S RIDGE-- Ecologically-speaking, the tallest active sand dune system on the East Coast. Barefoot-ologically speaking, Ooh, Ooh, Ow. Hot! Hot! Hot!
54. CALABASH SEAFOOD-- Just this side of the SC border. Sometimes called the Seafood Capital of the World. Eat some and you'll probably agree.
55. BLACK BEARS-- Around 11,000 of them. Don't pet.
56. JOHN COLTRANE-- Jazzy jazz.
57. "CAROLINA IN MY MIND"-- James Taylor's song mentions "Carolina" 13 times.
58. DEAN SMITH-- Great coach, great for the game and much easier to spell and pronounce that that Duke guy, Krzyzewski.
59. N.C. MUSEUM OF ART-- First art museum in country established with public funds.
60. PILOT MOUNTAIN-- Was this the Mount Pilot from the "Andy Griffith Show?" A right-striking landform.
Andy and Barney Used to Go Over to Mount Pilot. --RoadDog
Stephen W. Stryker, One of Ellsworth's Boys-- Part 2
5 minutes ago