11. ABRAHAM COVERED WAGON in Lincoln. Here is a town that is very proud of its Route 66 heritage and always adding to it. Acquired from the town of Divernon.
12. *BUNKER HILL ABRAHAM LINCOLN MONUMENT in Bunker Hill. I'd never heard of this town in Macoupin County, but will have to check it out and see its 1904 statue.
13. THE CURVE INN in Springfield. This is a favorite place for us with lots of great food and drink specials and Friday afternoon bands out in the beer garden. If you are looking for an authentic Route 66 Road House, this be the place. But it does get a bit rough in the wee hours, but we are not there.
14. INTERNATIONAL MOTHER ROAD FESTIVAL in Springfield. Not to miss the Friday car cruise on Route 66 with as many as 2000 classics and sports cars. Six square blocks around the Old State Capitol are blocked off and the classics parked along them. Lots of entertainment.
15. STATUES IN BENLD, ELKHARDT, GILLESPIE, SHERMAN-- Plus the car statues in Pontiac.
16. DOC'S SODA FOUNTAIN in Girard. Here's where to go for the old-time sody fountain experience.
Death of Col. Lucien Greathouse: A First-Hand Account
21 minutes ago