The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Why It Takes Me So Long to Post

Case in point today. I was happily looking at my Yahoo page and I have one setting called The Olde Disc Jockey's Almanac. I happened to see that the author is one Bob Dearborn. It dawned on me that I was pretty sure that there was a disc jockey on Chicago radio back in the 70s by that name, so I looked further.

There was, and this is the same guy who was on WCFL, one of the two BIGGIE stations for us youthful sorts back in the 60s and 70s, the other being WLS. Both were AM stations. Turns out he is Canadian and also deejayed in Florida.

Then, I saw he had done one of the first major looks into Don McLean's "American Pie" song in 1971. Well, I had to read that and it was very interesting. http://bobdearbornamericanpie.cjb.net/.


BUT, WAIT

That took time, but not so much. But before I left for other things, I came across another site that focuses on old radio stations and one was WLS...so, of course, I had to check that out. http://radioville.andmuchmore.com/.

An hour later (and still not finished with it), I came across a site that had many old WLS, WCFL and several other old station surveys, so had to look at those as well. http://chicagoradioandmedia.com.

Now, I had over two hours invested in that chance notice of Bob Dearborn's name.

Just way too much interesting stuff out there. Curse you, internet.

That Just About Explains It. --RoadDog

No comments: