The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

North Carolina Bound: Summer 2010-- Part 1

DAY ONE: AUGUST 28th, SATURDAY

I did not leave home until noon even though Liz wasn't with me. It is always hard to get Liz going in the mornings on our trips as she is definitely not a morning person. But this time, it was all my fault, but I have several big excuses.

The inside plants needed watering and I had not yet packed. Plus I had to cut the grass. I had intended to do this yesterday, but had ended up going to Gasoline Alley to meet up with some friends. It was too dark when I got back.

That meant I had to wait until the dew dried up to cut the grass. Then, I had to water the outside plants with extra helpings on the ones in pots and baskets. Those are the ones that dry out the quickest. Ever since the flooding, we have had a dry spell.


ON THE ROAD, FINALLY

Left at 12:09 and drove out to Woodstock, Illinois, where I picked up Il-47, our bypass around the Chicago hassle, even though it puts about 35 extra miles on our trips. Il-47 goes pretty much straight south all the way to a little past I-74 west of Champaign.

It is getting considerably slower these days as Chicago's sprawl has grown out to it. The towns of Woodstock, Huntley, Yorkville and Morris especially have a lot of traffic and stoplights.

Once you get past Morris, it is an easy ride, no more really big towns and very few stoplights. Plus, you get a little Route 66 in Dwight.

Finally, On My Way. --RoadDog

No comments: