The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Listening to the Radio and Cruising Down the Road

When I go on trips, I bring along 3-5 Cds to listen to, but every so often take a listen to local stations which I get by scan and sometimes just using the tuner.

You never know what you're going to get. Unfortunately, sometimes you get out of range of weaker stations before you can find out their name.

WGLT NORMAL

On the way down, I came across WGLT out of Normal, Illinois at 89.1 as I was approaching Gibson City. They were having a Blues on the Weekend party.

At one point, they did a Blues Report segment telling where you can find that genre of music in Central Illinois. They mentioned one of my favorite bars in Springfield, the Alamo, that has a Blues Monday weekly. On several occasions, I have met up with fellow roadies there during the annual September Route 66 Festival in that city.

I'll definitely try to remember to tune in this station the next time I'm in the area.

Cruisin' On Down Da Road. --RoadDog

No comments: