The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Cruising Music-- Part 2

Back on March 15th, I wrote about four CDs I was taking along with me on the trip.

I listened to all of them about four or five times in between looking for great cruising radio stations.

PSYCHEDELIC SUNRISE-- CHESTERFIELD KINGS-- Listened to this a lot, especially with Denny who wanted to hear it so that's what we did on our St. Paddy's Tour de Force. Garage Rock definitely isn't dead listening to these guys. All their songs are written by them as well. I especially liked "Elevator Ride" and "Up and Down." I wonder why I always try to spell psychedelic with an "a" behind the "h."

GET OFF ON THE PAIN-- GARY ALLAN-- Half of the songs were written by him. Actually, I only listened to this one once and will pop it into the truck's CD player for more play.

THAT LONESOME SONG-- JAMEY JOHNSON-- And, 14 songs as well. Waylon has returned to us, like Jamey said in his song "Between Jennings and Jones" referring to where his records can be found, but also this is his style. Cry in your beer is back. Then there is that wonderful "In Color" song which my nephew Andy says his son Charlie can sing all the words to.

NEED YOU NOW-- LADY ANTEBELLUM-- No sophomore jinx here at all. Even better than their first outing. Starting with that dynamite "Need You Now" and running through sad and uptempo the rest of the way. Great stuff. I seem to remember that the release sold very well, especially in this age of downloading before we unfortunately lose CDs.

Cruising to Tunes. That's the Way to Go Down The Road. --RoadDog

No comments: