The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What a Race: Just Got Back from Indy

I was at the Indy 500 these past four days, leaving Friday and returning yesterday.  We were sort of "roughing" it in an RV parked right across from the speedway, but with no wifi which is why there were no posts.

This is my second straight year and I must admit that I'm starting to get hooked on "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" as they call it.

I have never been much of a race car fan (even though I'm from NC, I'm not into NASCAR), but things change.  I even am starting to recognize names and actually cheer on favorites.

Just what I need; get hooked on something else.  Well, anyway, that racetrack does have quite the huge tie-in with old roads by the initials C.F..  Sadly, no one I talked to the last several days had ever heard of him.  Guess I'll have to enlighten them.

I'll be writing about this trip when I finish the Illinois Lincoln Highway trip.  I even found my notes from last year's Indy 500 trip so will write about that as well.

I Don't Wanna Be A Race Fan.  --RoadDog

No comments: