The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Coming Home-- Part 5

Returning from North Carolina April 1-2, 2013.

After the West Virginia Turnpike, I got off I-77 at Ripley and took US-33 again, this time heading northwest toward Columbus, Ohio.

I was surprised to see a rest area along the highway that was open.  You don't see a lot of rest areas on U.S. highways, just interstates.  I also passed an Ohio Bicentennial barn, with logo facing southeast.  I did not see it on my way down, of course.

Picked up a good radio station, WYSO, 91.3 FM, playing blues this Monday.  Sure enjoyed their selection.

It was getting quite dark by now (April 1st) and I decided to go to Dayton.  Got off at what is now a regular eating spot, the Skyline Chili place at Exit 39, I think.  Filled up there and then went next door and got a room at the Super 8 for $38 with tax.  Nothing great, but I was ready to go to sleep after the long drive today, 630 miles.

Gas was $3.60 at the Dayton exit.  MPG now at 31.1

Over Half Way Home.  --RoadDog

No comments: