Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Now, You Can Get Your Cincy Chili Outside of Ohio

Well, we were sure in for a treat this past Saturday morning when we stopped at a Skyline Chili place in Clearwater, Florida, near Dunedin and had some of that great stuff.  Thanks a lot, Denny, for getting me hooked on the stuff!!

I even got Liz to eat some and she usually does not like unfamiliar stuff.  They were nice enough to give her a little trial taste.  She wasn't sure why I accepted the bib, but soon found out why.

The night before, we had been at the Shipwreck Bar in Clearwater Beach and struck up a conversation with a local and he had said there was a Skyline Chili place in Clearwater.  I knew I had to check it out.
We ordered the large size, of course, so there would be other meals.

Completely full, we drove out onto US-19 North and into thirty miles of the most built-up commercial area I've ever seen and I won't even go into the traffic situation.

Turns out, there are five Skyline locations in Florida.  Besides Clearwater (and I heard there was one in Clearwater Beach), there are ones at Fort Myers, Naples, Sunrise and Ft. Lauderdale.  There are even around eight in Indiana.

Love That Cincy Chili.  --RoadDog

No comments: