The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Buying Those CDs and Record Store Day This Saturday, August 29


My last two trips southward from home to Algonquin, Illinois, enabled me to go to a favorite store and that would be Half-Price Books.  This is one of the few places left that sells so many of the the things I like.  Sadly, it's getting harder to find these items as they are considered too old school I guess.

Anyway, Half-Price Books, of course, sells books (and for a good price) and also it sells record albums and CDs.  All either new or used.

Of course, I am definitely going to check out the Civil War and history books, but I also go through the CDs.  I like albums but give me a CD anytime, just so much more convenient and no flipping them to hear the other side.

I bought four CD collections on my July trip there:

American Heartbeat: 1956   Two CDs and 50 songs from that year.
American Heartbeat: 1957    The same as above.

Louvin Brothers    Four CDs and 96 songs
Cajun Party     Three CDs and 60 songs

This past Saturday I only bought one CD set:

Soul & Swagger:  The Complete "5" Royales  (1951-1967)  Five CDs  137 songs

******************************************

Plus, real good news.  The Record Store Day celebration originally scheduled for April, but canceled by the you-know-what, has been rescheduled for three days starting with this Saturday, August 29.  You can go to the national site as if you didn't already know where your local mom and pop record store was.

I will definitely be at The Vinyl Frontier in McHenry, Illinois.

--Music, Music, Music.  --RoadSong


No comments: