The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, August 24, 2020

Back to My 20.4 Mile Road Trip-- Part 4: Hitting the Garden Centers


Like I said, this was the farthest I had drive from home since the coronavirus hit and Illinois closed down back on March 17, 2020.

Munch sliders as I drove north on Illinois Highway 31, I went to two stores in McHenry, Illinois, to check out what they had in the garden supply nursery area.  This is also one of my favorite things to do in life.  I especially enjoy this as the winter doldrums and cold are leaving and spring is springing.  Nothing like those smells to put you in the mood.

I went first to Home Depot and then Meijer, both located north of McHenry in Illinois Highway 31.  I didn't buy anything at either place.  Meijer had very little left and Home depot had a lot.  But there wasn't much on sale.

That is one thing I have been noticing during the pandemic and that is that prices have gone up some, there are not as many plants and flowers for sale and there just isn't much on sale either..  Usually this time of the year there are a lot of great sales with very low prices and that is when I really start buying.

Actually, we had another MCCWRT discussion group meeting at the Alginquin Panera Bread store and this time I remembered to set the trip odometer (the last time I just looked up distance between Spring Grove and Algonquin and it said 20.4 miles).  Today, the distance from home to Panera was 22.3 miles.

Must be a Virus Thing, You Know.  --RoadDog

No comments: