The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Back to My 20.4 Mile Road Trip-- Part 3: A Slidering I Go


July 25, 2020.

Back on Randall Road driving northward for the next place I really like. And that meant all the traffic and all the construction and changing lanes and fun and games.  Fortunately, the stop lights (and there are a lot of them) are set so it mostly a straight run, at least until you get to Algonquin Road and then a stop for generally at least two cycles.

Remember, there are probably every single big box store, smaller national chains and national restaurants, usually in several rows going back off Randall for a four mile stretch.  So lots of cars.  They are expanding Randall to six to eight lanes, but I doubt even that will be enough.  Very close to gridlock.

Anyway, my last stop in Algonquin (or Lake in the Hills as both towns/villages are in that area) is at the Home of the Slider, that would be White Castle!!!  Before the virus, I would often leave the MCCWRT discussion group meeting at the Panera Bread in Crystal Lake and drive to Algonquin to go to Half-Price Books and White Castle.

Well, since I was already in Algonquin, Sliders it be.  And, they had a special of 10 sliders for $6.99, so I figured to get twenty.  (They are excellent nuked the next day or two.)  I went inside to get 'em, figuring I would eat four or five then go on my way.  But, in these v days, I did not.  The inside was closed for everything except take out.  I mean, even the bathrooms were closed.

So, I got my twenty Sliders and enjoyed four of them while driving.  A Slider is just the right size to eat while driving and I didn't have to worry about getting a ticket like I would if I was on the old (2003) flip phone.

And, they were perfect.  Right off the grill and piping hot with a bun that literally melted in your mouth.

Few Things Finer Than a Fresh, Hot White Castle Slider.  --RoadSlide

No comments: