The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, August 21, 2020

Back to My 20.4 Mile Road Trip in July-- Part 2: Half-Price Books


After the McHenry County Civil War Round Table discussion group meeting ended I drove to my favorite store these days.  It is located about two miles south of the Panera Bread.  That meant driving on the super-busy and always under construction Randall Road, not one of my favorite things to do.  But just about every chain restaurant and store you can imagine is located along that stretch.  Plus, of course, lots and lots of stop lights.

I got taken in by a gas station whose top price is the cost of gas without a car wash.  I hate when that happens.  So, it cost me $2.30 instead of $2.10.  Oh well.

The place I was headed for was Half-Price Books.  They have things I still know about:  books, CDs and records.  Even better, the prices are quite low.  It generally costs me at least $25 to $40 to go in there.

Of course, they have a big selection of Civil War and other war books as well as history.  But today I didn't find any books.  Liz was so happy.  I really need to be getting rid of my books, not buying more.  But, I can't help it.

I did find several great CD music collections and bought five of those.

And, speaking of records, Record Store Day will be next Saturday, August 29.

--RoadBookCD

No comments: