The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Along 66, May 2020:Tulsa, Kingman and International Tourists


Not that I am running a bit behind on this, but, I am way behind.

These are from the Route 66 News site which has all the stuff you could ever want to know about our favorite old road.  The site also has items every day and pictures and video.  I just pick out the entries of most interest to me.

MAY 21--  Tulsa, Oklahoma, wants its own Route 66 asset survey of anything that was there during the heyday of Route 66.  I think that is a great idea and would like to see more owns doing this.

I would also like to see a list of places or sites that used to be in Negro Travelers Green Book.  Their experiences on Route 66 (and all over America at the time) was quite different from the white experience.

MAY 22--  The Kingman, Arizona, Visitor Center now has a retro-looking neon sign.  Always love retro. Always love neon.

MAY 24--  There may be more U.S. travelers on Route 66 this year, especially with international visitors so far down this year.  Whenever Liz and I are on the road, we run into large numbers of foreign folks.

--RoadDog

No comments: