The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Going Back to 1968-- Part 3: "Street Fighting Man"

In 1968, I was a junior and senior at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois.  Also, I was sports editor of the Cutlass, the school newspaper.  That fall,  I "gave" myself the job of covering our Pirates football team.  The two previous years we had only won a couple games, but in my senior year, we went 7-2 and messed up a lot of other schools' homecomings along the way by winning.  They had chosen us to play for homecoming so they could win.  They didn't.

CHEST FEVER--  Band
I AIN'T SUPERSTITIOUS--  Jeff Beck
STREET FIGHTING MAN---  Rolling Stones

CLOUD NINE--  Temptations
MAGIC BUS--  Who
I PUT A SPELL ON YOU--  Creedence Clearwater Revival

GROOVIN' IS EASY--  Electric Flag
I THANK YOU--  Sam and Dave
CRY LIKE A BABY--  Box Tops

Name That Tune (from the above): "Childhood Part of My Life, It Wasn't Very Pretty."  --RoadDog


"Cloud Nine"

No comments: