The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Made It To Groundhog Day in Woodstock, Illinois-- Part 2: Stuffing My Face At the Tip-Top Cafe

FEBRUARY 2, 2017

Even neater, this year marks the 25th anniversary of the filming of "Groundhog Day" which was released in 1993.  So, the crew and cast were in town about this time.

After the movie, I walked across the street to Taqueria La Placitia, a Mexican restaurant now, but in 1992, the empty store was turned into "Punxsutawney's" Tip-Top Cafe.  This site played quite a major role in the movie and was where Phil started falling in love with Rita.

That scene where he was stuffing his mouth with breakfast pastries, chugging coffee from the carafe and smoking has to be one of the funniest scenes in the movie.

As I said, it is now a Mexican restaurant where I have eaten several times over the last few years.  I always try to eat in the exact spot where the table they were sitting at is located and was able to do so today.  This is a big connection of mine with the movie.  Instead of breakfast items, though, I was stuffing my mouth with a Mexican steak torta.

--RoadDog

No comments: