I went on and did the top twenty icons anyway. For the whole list, go to the January 1, 2015, entry on the site Route 66 News.
11. OATMAN, ARIZONA-- Just the drive east of there is worth it. But, what a town. And those four-legged varmints all over the place. A real unique place.
12. METEOR CRATER, ARIZONA-- A big hole in the ground. We got there just at closing time and they wanted full admission to see it for five minute. Maybe some other time.
13. MIDPOINT CAFE-- Adrian, Texas-- Great food. Winder, however, if it 100% the half-way point?
14. PETRIFIED FOREST-- Arizona-- Right by the Painted desert. Looking forward to getting my National Park Golden Senior Pass. What a deal, even though I will still make donations every time. The national parks are well worth it.
15. WIGWAM MOTEL-- San Bernardini, Cal.-- Looking better than it did brand-new when we drove by. But sadly, like in Holbrook, we were too early to stop driving. Maybe next time.
Getting me Fired Up for a 66 Trip. --RoadDog
WLS Top Ten for July 22, 1968: "Born To be Wild"
15 hours ago