The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter Trip back to Our Past-- Part 4: Should Know Better Than Go Into Half-Price Books

The Burger King site is now a Photo's Hot Dogs place.  We would have eaten there had it nor been closed for Easter.  We turned off Northwest Highway near Palatine Plaza where I had given Liz my high school ring December 15, 1967, as she did her family laundry at the laundromat.  The store is still there, but no longer is a laundromat.

We then drove to the house her parents rented while waiting for their new home to be completed on Boynton Drive.  This is where she was living when I met her a month earlier.  We then drove by Winston Park Junior High School where I went 7th and 8th grades.

Next was my old house at 1102 East Anderson Drive, across from St. Thomas School.  Then, we crossed Palatine Road and drove by her house at 44 Patricia Lane.

Lastly, we drove back through Winston Park out the back way past Jane Addams School and out to US-12 (Rand Road).  If I am in the area, I must always stop at Half Price Books there near Dundee Road to spend money on stuff I don't need: books and CDs.  I bought a War of 1812 Navy book and a double CD "Reet Petite" by Jackie Wilson.

The '03 Malibu CD player was actually nice enough to work, so listened to one of the CDs  the rest of the day.  That Jackie Wilson could really sing, as Van Morrison would say.

--RoadDog

No comments: