The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, July 8, 2021

First Firebird Cruise-- Part 3: Past Problems with the '85 Firebird and the Traffic Bear in Richmond

July 1, Thursday

One thing, however, about the '85 Firebird.  I don't trust it yet to turn it off anywhere but in my driveway or garage.  When I first got it back, it died on me the third time out and I had to have it towed back to the house.  That is when it took three trips to the house from Vince to get it running again.  First, it was the choke which was bad, then the starter was bad.

But, I am hoping to get that trust back.

Okay, now, I am driving north of US Highway 12 to Richmond, Illinois.  Beautiful old town.  But, like I said, it can get really busy on the weekends.  And even though today is Thursday, July 1, the traffic going to Wisconsin, which is right next door, was backed up from the Route 173 stoplight to the downtown.

They have talked about putting in a bypass and I sure hope they do.

Anyway, I figured to miss the backup and turn off in the downtown area, only to find a dead end, so had to backtrack and take Main Street out of town which put me on Illinois Highway 197 west of Richmond.

Well, I figured I would just drive west to Hebron, Illinois.

That would give the '85 a good run at 50 mph.

--RoadDog


No comments: