The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

First Firebird Cruise-- Part 2: Have Tunes, Will Cruise

Thursday July 1

So, I am out driving my new old '85 Firebird for what turned out to be its first real long cruise.  

The radio was tuned to MeTV FM, 87.7 FM, which plays more great old songs than you can shake a stick at, including a bunch from the days of yore (50s-80s) that I hadn't heard.  This is a great cruising station and, despite now having much wattage, has a real large broadcast area since it is all the way down at the far end of the radio station numbers.

As a matter of fact, that has proved to be a problem as some car radios won't pick up 87.7 FM.  They advise listeners to check that out when looking into buying a car.

If I get too far away and loose reception, I turn to either the Drive (Classic Rick) 96.9 and 97.1 FM or to WXRT, 93.1 FM.

Plus, even better, I have a cassette player in the Firebird.  And, I have lots and lots of cassettes.

--RoadCruising


No comments: