The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, July 3, 2021

First Firebird Cruise-- Part 1: The New 'Old' Car and U.S. Highway 12

Thursday, July 1

I finally had our '85 Firebird redone with exterior and interior work as well as engine work.  Now, I am forced to cruise down roads, with the window down, my arm out and listening to tunes on the radio.

A hard life, but somebody's got to do it.

This past Thursday, July 1, I started driving around Spring Grove, Illinois.  First I went through a subdivision and then found myself north of town on US Highway 12.  Most of my life I have been living near US-12.  

It went through Palatine, Illinois, where I lived for all of junior high, high school and part of college.  Then, we lived for 17 years in Round Lake Beach, which is about eight miles from it and now, we have been in Spring Grove for 29 years.  US 12 goes right through Spring Grove.  One of these days I'm hoping to drive it from end-to-end which would be Detroit at its eastern terminus and Aberdeen, Washington on the west.

The next town on the road heading north is Richmond.  It is a village of yesterday, with lots of old stuff and history.  It is also a major gateway to Wisconsin from Illinois and it gets so backed up on the weekends, you try to find ways to go around it.

This being Thursday, I figured the backup wouldn't be bad.

I Was So Wrong.  --RoadCruise


No comments: