The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

My Second-Longest Trip Since the Virus Hit: Going to Union for McHenry County CWRT-- Part 1

Yesterday, I went for my second longest trip from home to Union, Illinois, some 33 miles from home since March 2020 because of you-know-what.  I went there for the McHenry County Civil War Round Table's (MCCWRT) first in-person meeting since March of that year as well.  (I just got back my from my farthest trip from home, the Indy 500, on May 31st.)

Plus, did some of my favorite things along the way, stopping and looking at flowers and bushes at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Meijer and a Kolze's, private nursery, along the way and now have two unique hostas that I bought at the last place.

I am amazed at how few sales on plants are going on these days.

But what is worse, the gas prices.  Oh my goodness.  Big Oil has a full-on gas gouge going now.  I figured once it hit $3 here in northeastern Illinois, that it would drop.  Wrong.  Every station was between $3.40 and $3.50.

Thanks a lot guys.

I drove  Illinois Highways 31, 120, 47 and 176 to Union.

Good to Be on the Road Again, But Doggone Those Gas Prices.  --RoadDog


No comments: