The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, June 28, 2021

Back to Indy-- Part 11: What I Forgot and Those Pork Tenderloins

On the way to Indianapolis, I realized I had forgotten two things.  I always forget things.  It wouldn't be a trip of I didn't forget something.  I forgot my glasses, which meant reading the standings boards at the racetrack on Sunday was going to be difficult.  Plus, I didn't bring my flip-flops, which meant that I had to put on my gym shoes anytime I wanted to go outside.

We had considered walking over to downtown Speedway today, but the off-and-on rain negated that idea.

So, after welcome back cocktails, we went across the parking lot to the Legion bar.  It would be hard to find a better locale for the RV than at the Legion.  The racetrack itself is right across the street from us, and the Legion bar is just a short walk across the parking lot.  Just perfect for us.

I decided to have a pork tenderloin sandwich at the bar.  When in Indiana, it is suggested that you have one of these fantastic pork tenderloin sandwiches.  It is not the state food, but ubiquitous across the state.  It traces its history back to German immigrants as wiener schnitzel in the 19th century. It cost $8 and more than filled me up.

Draft beers were $3 and they had a deejay playing music.

--RoadTenderLoin


No comments: