The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Back to Indy-- Part 10: All That Crummy Weather, Quite Chilly

FRIDAY, MAY 28. 2021

The weather was pretty crummy the whole way down to Indianapolis.  It was unseasonably cold and rained off and on.  This was definitely bot shorts and tee shirt weather at all.  The wipers (and those RV wipers are huge) were busy most of the way.

As a matter of fact, it was quite cold every morning we were there.  I wore  my long pans and jacket everywhere in the morning.  It would warm up a bit as the afternoons progressed.

Anyway, we arrived in plenty of time to get our usual parking spot.  remember, we had a call when we were close that they were closing the RV parking area to newcomers at 4.  Actually, they told us they would have let us in anyway.

Paul has become quite the master at getting the huge RV into a small looking area to me.  I sure would not even want to think about doing what he does.  

I helped a bit on the set up and then went over to the Shed where the Ladies' Auxiliary sells stuff like ice to get a bag of ice.  I see the price has gone u from $3 to $4 a bag this year.  However, the Shed was closed with a note to see "Ozzie" inside for ice.  I went inside, but found no "Ozzie."  I did tell a table of ladies of my iceless dilemma and they said they'd get me some.  

One lady came out, but was unable to open the Shed's lock, went back inside, but didn't come back. I finally gave up and went back to the RV. No ice for us.  Paul, however, was able to get a bag from a street vendor, so we had ice for our cocktails.

--Road500


No comments: