The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Record Store Day-- Part 3: Made It To the Vinyl Frontier

After the discussion group meeting, I drove back to McHenry, Illinois, and the line was gone from outside the Vinyl Frontier, so parked and went inside.  There were about 25 people inside, and with the narrowness of the aisles, that made for some difficulty walking around and browsing, you know, flipping through the albums.

The owner said this was the best-ever Record Store Day crowd ever with a big smile on his face.  As usual, there were kids and teenagers in there, something that is a good thing for me to see.  It seems that everything I like gets taken away from me.

I did my flipping through the albums and bought three:

The Super Groups Atco Records with songs by Cream, Bee Gees, Rascals, Buffalo Springfield, Vanilla Fudge and Iron Butterfly (1969)

Smash Sounds, Atco Records, with songs by the Capitols, Sonny & Cher, Arthur Conley, Otis Redding and others.  (1967

Beau Brummels From the Vaults   Rhino Records (1982)

I also bought a CD, Harry Nilsson Anthology.

So, I Did My Part for Record Store Day (Even Though I Really Don't Need Any More Albums).  --RoadDog

No comments: