In the last post, there was a truck involved with the signing of the Victory Highway in California parked out in front of the this San Francisco structure.
The Palace of Fine Arts was built in 1915 as part of the Panama-Pacific International Expedition celebrating the opening of the Panama Canal. It was not planned as a permanent structure and made of non-durable material.
But, it was so loved by everyone that it wasn't torn down. Over the years it deteriorated badly. The original was near ruin in 1964 and demolished. However, it was replaced with an exact replica made of concrete and steel.
It was quite impressive in the 1921 photograph.
Glad We Still Have It. --RoadDog