The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Trip to the Indy 500, 2012-- Part 1: Not Really a Racing Fan, But...

Friends of ours, Sue and Paul, have been going to this event for around 15 years and now have an RV and asked if I'd like to accompany them.  Now, I am not much of a racing fan, even though being originally from North Carolina and all that NASCAR stuff, you'd think I'd be.

But, this was something I'd never done before, so why not take them up on their offer.  I had been to the track once before with Route 66ers on a National Road trip, been to the museum and taken a trip around the track on a bus.  But it didn't really mean much to me at the time.

But, you always hear about it over Memorial Day weekend and now was my chance to see what it was all about.

(I must admit that now, after seeing my fifth Indy 500, I have become a bit of a fan.)

Vroom, Vroom.  --RoadDog

No comments: