From the September 6, 2016, Shorpy "The Braidwood Bunch: 1904."
Showing the water tank and telegraph sign.
Getting about by train still the best way back then.
Comments: The right half of the building was the "freight house" with a large door. "Actually, Braidwood was not a junction with any branch or carrier. The south switch for the branch to Coal City was at gardner, and the north switch going back to the main was at Elwood. Braidwood was exactly half-way between those two points."
Comment: the depot has been moved from its original location in 2012 and pictures of it being moved are included.
Diving On the Condor-- Part 1: More Than a Beginner's Rating
14 minutes ago