The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Travelin' CDs, North Carolina Fall 2016-- Part 2: Back to the 50's

BACK TO THE 50'S

This four disc compilation had 100 songs and pretty well covered the 50s, from both rock songs to pop songs, things that parents and kids could listen to had it come out back in the 1950s and both would be happy.

Lots and lots of 2-3 minute gems.

What I really liked about this CD set was that they had the usual big hits as well as some that I haven't heard very often and even ones that I had never heard.

I'll just go through the songs on the first CD (all of them have 25 songs).

Some of the ones I had heard of before:  Rock Around the Clock, Bye Bye Love, Stupid Cupid, Honky Tonk Part 1, Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On, Bo Diddley, Only You and Young Love.

Ones that I have heard on occasion:

Butterfly--  Charlie Grace, Let Me Go Lover--  Teresa Brewer,  Here In My Heart--  Tony Bennett and Auf Wiedershe'n Sweetheart--  Vera Lynn.

Ones that I had never heard:  That's Right--  Carl Perkins, The Girl Can't Help It--  Little Richard,  Someone Else's Roses--  Joan Regan,  The Man From Laramie--  Jimmy Young.

A Great Cruisin' Compilation--  RoadDog

No comments: