The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Good Times in the Area Last Weekend-- Part 4: Homecoming Parade and Beer & BBQ Holiday Walk

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8

I went to the Grant High School Homecoming Parade in Fox Lake, Illinois, at 9 a.m.  They had two marching bands, Grant High School and Gavin Middle School.  Marching bands are my favorite parts of any parade.  As usual these days, very little effort was put into floats.

Then I drove to Antioch, Illinois, and got signed into their Beer and BBQ Holiday Walk.  They had 18 places each offering two Oktoberfest-type craft beers and at  least one form of something 'cue'd.  Two of my favorite things.  It cost $40 and money raised went to fund Antioch's Christmas celebration.

This lasted from noon to 4.  I managed to make it through 14 places before I threw in the towel.

My first stop was the Limerick Lodge, a big-time football bar.  When the Packers and Bears meet, they divide the place in half with Bear fans and Packer fans sitting in assigned areas.

Just Gettin' Started.  --RoadDog

No comments: