The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, May 15, 2015

A Spring Beach Trip-- Part 4: Great Smoky Mountains National Park and My Senior Pass

It had been probably since the 1970s since we drove through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and we had time to kill since we left a couple days early to go to Savannah, so we figured that we should drive through the park from Gatlinburg to Cherokee, North Carolina.

We had a bit of an extra drive getting from Gatlinburg to the park entrance as we got confused by the signs leaving town and headed toward Pigeon Forge, before realizing it.  Back on the bypass around Gatlinburg to the park entrance, we got to the welcome center.

We stopped for information and I decided this would be a great time to pick up my National Park Senior Pass.  For $10, once you're 62, you can get one which gives you free admission to every national park (even if it is hard to find those elusive National Park quarters).

I bought one, even though I was told you didn't need one for this park as it is free.  I still, however, plan to give donations at each one.  These parks are one thing I sure don't mind paying taxes.  Worth most every cent.

--RoadDog

No comments: