The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Saluting Our Valiant Heroes at Pearl Harbor

Although this is not related to roads, although part of I-65 in Kentucky is dedicated to Pearl Harbor and I'm sure other roads in other states are as well, every year this time, I take time to honor our fallen military personnel and survivors of that sneak attack that finally got us into World War II.

Our entrance was inevitable by that time, but it was amazing that we could have been caught that unprepared.

Anyway, I put up US flags in both the front and back of the house despite today's extreme cold.

It's sad to see that the Pearl Harbor Survivor's Association is meeting out in Hawaii to determine whether or not to end its organization. Age is now doing what Japanese bombs and torpedoes couldn't do 69 years ago today. All survivors are in their upper 80s, lower 90s.

While I was teaching, my students certainly heard about Pearl Harbor, especially when I began teaching US history. What began as a one-day study, eventually became three days.

A little later I'll posting several Pearl Harbor entries on my history blog, Cooter's History Thing at http://cootershistorything.blogspot.com. If you go to the labels I have a large number of posts dealing with the event.

I'll Never Forget. --RoadDog

No comments: