The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Every Blooming THing


Some news from around the house.

The wild phlox (purple) and daisies (white) are in full bloom. I have hundreds of them and it is like a white and purple carpet. I have also been doing a lot of transplanting and dividing of perennials.

I was glad the Mama Robin left. She built a nest on an outside light by the deck, and I haven't been able to use it in the last several weeks without a lot of squawking and fluttering. She should have known that I knew where her babies were and I could have hurt them had I wanted, but didn't. I kept tearing the nest down, but she rebuilt it each time. We left for a roadtrip and the deal was done.

The other day, while working in the flower beds, I heard some hissing coming from a point pretty close to my foot. Hoping it wasn't a snake, I looked down, prepared to do some serious motivating if it was, but it ended up being a female mallard. She didn't try to run away, so I figured she was sitting on a nest. Later, I saw that she was.

We are about two miles from the nearest water, so can't imagine why she would build a nest in my yard, or how she intends to get those cute little "peepers" as I call them to water once they hatch.

--RoadDog

No comments: