The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

56th and A-Boating I Will Go!!!


Celebrated my 56th birthday today, but I don't feel bad because Robert Zimmerman is 66. Now that's old!!!

Did one of my favorite things this morning, and that was to do a boat cruise over to McDonald's in Fox Lake, Illinois. This is perhaps the only one in the country that you can boat to. I like to bring my breakfast out and eat it on the boat while enjoying my tunes and reading the paper. About the only problem is the distance you have to walk to get a free coffee refill. I used to just get the small coffee, but someone suggested I spend the extra 20 cents and get the large size. Why didn't I think of that? Sure cuts down on the hoofing.

Usually another thing to do there is feed the mallards, but they weren't around for awhile. I did see two broods of "peepers" as I call them. Those would be the baby mallards and they can sure do some peeping.

There might be a McDonald's on the water in Arizona, but no one knows for sure.

Afterwards, I did some floating, but it was extremely windy and rough, so had to cut it short.

Robert Zimmerman, by the way, is better known as Bob Dylan.

Growing Older, But Not Up. --RoadDog

No comments: