The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

N.C. Summer Trip 2015-- Part 10: Raleigh-Durham Horror Not So Bad and Stocking Up On Cheerwine

July 21, 2015

Running into the traffic backup that far west of the airport did not bode well for my travel through the Raleigh-Durham Horror, as I call it.  That traffic is just horrible during rush hour.  Sure glad I don't have to do it but six times a year coming and going.  I'd hate to have to do it every day.

But, after a several minute slow-down, it opened up and other than a few slow-downs, went extremely well.  I got very lucky.

Caught the US-70 Clayton bypass and on my way to Goldsboro.  Stopped at J-R's by I-95 and took a look around.  I actually thought I was going to get out without buying anything until I went into the Christmas, yes Christmas, section and just had to buy some ornaments.

Stopped at the Wal-Mart west of Goldsboro and stocked up on my two liter bottles of Diet Cheerwine.

I finally got to Goldsboro after driving 533.8 miles today and 1,026 since leaving yesterday.

--RoadDog

No comments: