In 1923, George Preston Sr., a junk dealer, bought the station for $100 and moved the station to 13th Street to accommodate a change in the Lincoln Highway's routing.
Today, the station is almost completely covered in old road signs Preston died in 1993 but was known for his love of talking with visitors. He was the real draw to the station, not just the signs.
Today, George Preston's granddaughter, Mary Preston, owns it and is working to restore it.
Next to it is a former three-room motel and a garage.
University of Maryland Baltimore County
1 day ago