The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, August 14, 2015

N.C. Summer Trip 2015-- Part 4: Interstates

July 20, 2015, Monday

Once to Mahomet, Illinois, I picked up I-74 and took it to Indianapolis.  Gas in Crawfordsville, Indiansa, was $2.33, the cheapest I'd seen in awhile, but I didn't need gas.

I hit Indianapolis right at the peak of the go-home rush hour (one if the problems of getting a late start from home and losing the hour to the Eastern Time Zone).  Never a good thing.  Took I-465 bypass to I-70 right into the city and had just one little slow-down, no problem.  But just try to drive the 55 mph speed limit and you get run over by traffic.  Must go faster.

Then, easy cruise on I-70 east to Richmond and then under that great Ohio Welcome Arch.  I wish all states would put these up to welcome folks.

Stopped for my usual Skyline Chili fix at Exit 29 by Englewood, Ohio.  That is a tradition.  Love my Cincy chili.  Lots and lots of construction at this exit, but managed to find the entrance ramp back to the interstate.   Construction continued for a lot of miles after that.

Went straight through Columbus and got off at Reynoldsburg.  I always thry to get through to the other side of big cities when I am getting ready to stop for the night.  That way you avoid the morning rush hour.

Another thing I like about this exit is that there is a Half-Price Books, one of my favorite places.  Got a room at the LaQuinta for the night.

Mileage for the day was 492.

--RoadDog


No comments: