The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Just Got Back from North Carolina-- Part 1: Blues For the Cruise

I returned home to Illinois this last July 31st, after a 12-day trip to North Carolina to visit my family.

I left Spring Grove July 20 with odometer reading 37,071 in the 2011 Malibu, the traveling vehicle for trips.  The gauge showed 29.4 mpg.

Enjoyed the wild flower/weeds, along Miller Road and much of Illinois for that matter, which were in full bloom and pretty.  Two of them had yellow and blue flowers and one was white, Queen Anne's Lace.
Gas was $2.90 most of the way along Il-47, but a high for the trip of $3.12 at the Elburn BP, always one of the most expensive.

Enjoyed listening to WDRV's Ten at Ten on 96.9, then 97.1 FM as I drove.  Today they were doing Blues Monday.

SINCE I'VE BEEN LOVING YOU--  L:ed Zeppelin
BOOM BOOM--  John Lee Hooker
THE SKY IS CRYING--  Stevie Ray Vaughan

SWEET HOME CHICAGO--  Lonnie Brooks
GIMME GOOD LOVIN'--  Blues Brothers
STORMY MONDAY--  Allman Brothers
GOT MY MOJO WORKING--  Muddy Waters

RED HOUSE--  Jimi Hendrix
HEY BARTENDER--  Koko Taylor
I'M A MAN--  Yardbirds

Got My Blues Down da Road.  --RoadDog

No comments: