The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day Weekend-- Part 3

SATURDAY, AUGUST 30TH:

Recorded Wendy Rice's Saturday Morning Flashback on Chicago's WXRT, 93.1 FM.  Today, she went back to 1967, one of my favorite years ever (when I met Liz) and then there was that mid-life crisis '67 Firebird convertible.

I even had to cut the grass for the second time in four days.  All this rain we've been getting is sure making the grass grow a lot.  Usually during this part of summer I can go a week and a half or more before cutting and even then that is mostly to cut the weeds back (which grow well in any weather).

I also spent a lot of time planting the perennials I bought yesterday.

We then drove over to Route 12 Bar on US-12 and enjoyed talking with some boaters out at the outdoor beer garden.  Then went to the Legion.  Last stops were at the Tommy's for their famous beer nuggets and then Antonio's.

--RoadDog

No comments: